From: "Steven W. Decato" <swdecato@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Games that run on PoqetPC?
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 12:48:10 -0700

Lode Runner (the old CGA version runs great).  I have a cracked copy and
had a programmer remap the fire keys to fit the Poqet's wierd PgUp/Down
combination.  I can't find anyone that sells the software and am not
sure if DEAD software can be passed around.

Anyway, as soon as my server is back on line, I'll give you a  back door
where you can grab the file.

Steve

Re: Games that run on PoqetPC? by Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx>

From: Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 15:09:52 -0500 (CDT)

> Lode Runner (the old CGA version runs great).  I have a cracked copy and
> had a programmer remap the fire keys to fit the Poqet's wierd PgUp/Down
> combination.  I can't find anyone that sells the software and am not
> sure if DEAD software can be passed around.

If I recall, Lode Runner is property of Broderbund software. They are
still in business. I suppose you can post it to warez groups, but you
better erase your tracks.

Sierra On-Line did a renewing job on Lode Runner. Sadly, it's horribly
bloated, and they stopped selling the DOS version because Bill was paying
everyone to be a pro-W95 developer. That Lode Runner won't run short of
several megabytes of RAM and several dozen megabytes of disk space, and
need PPro200 to do playable speed -- far cry from original version.

Send any interesting roadkills to honge@xxxxxxxx!
Fax (402) 593-8975
  Just say "Your lights are on" to DRLs.

Copyright violations (was Re: Games that run on PoqetPC?) by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Bryan Mason" <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Copyright violations (was Re: Games that run on PoqetPC?)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 22:07:06 -8

Thanks for saying this before I had to.  The internet service provider
that allows me to run this mailing list has a very stern policy on
warez.  If they see anyone illegally transferring copyrighted
software, they shut down your account.  Period.  They don't go sifting
through people's files or eavesdropping on mailing lists, but if they
do happen to see such activity, they have no choice but to terminate
the account responsible for the transfer.  They feel that if they know
about such activity and do nothing, then they could be held liable.

So, for that reason, I'm trying to be very careful (I like my ISP). If
there's software available and the license permits it to be freely
distributed, then I can make it available on the Web site, or we can
publish pointers to FTP sites where the software is available, or both.

However, please don't post copyrighted software here.  I'd also ask
that you not post pointers to illegally copied software here -- posting
a pointer may not be a direct copyright violation, but I'd rather not
take the chance.

Thank you all for your understanding in this matter.

-- Bryan

On 18 Aug 96 at 15:09, Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Lode Runner (the old CGA version runs great).  I have a cracked copy
> > and had a programmer remap the fire keys to fit the Poqet's wierd
> > PgUp/Down combination.  I can't find anyone that sells the software
> > and am not sure if DEAD software can be passed around.
>
> If I recall, Lode Runner is property of Broderbund software. They are
> still in business. I suppose you can post it to warez groups, but you
> better erase your tracks.
>
> Sierra On-Line did a renewing job on Lode Runner. Sadly, it's horribly
> bloated, and they stopped selling the DOS version because Bill was
> paying everyone to be a pro-W95 developer. That Lode Runner won't run
> short of several megabytes of RAM and several dozen megabytes of disk
> space, and need PPro200 to do playable speed -- far cry from original
> version.

~~~~
Bryan Mason - Menlo Park, California, USA, Earth
e-mail:                <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Poqet PC Home Page:    <http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/>

Re me and my poqet by Rhys Burriss <R.Burriss@xxxxxxxx>

From: Rhys Burriss <R.Burriss@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re   me  and  my  poqet
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 15:25:03 +0100 (BST)

hello poqet-persons

i am probably the least technically minded / capable person here so you
may get fed-up with my apparently naive qs.

i'm 45 , a lawyer by training,  [having done my first degree in mod
languages]  and am supposed to be starting an m.a. in cinema studies at
nottingham uni in october.

i never touched a computer till a few years ago when we got them for
word-processing in the office where i worked, also i got introduced to
the internet and log on to that far too much.

so i have access to university networked computers fairly readily,
diskettes and printers and stuff.

my main reason for wanting a portable comp was  [apart, lets be honest
from  the 'boys'toys' aspect]  to be able to word-process when on the
move, or in lectures, or at home  [as i don;t own any other comp] and to
be able to hook up via modem to my uni account to read e-mail and stuff.

i was looking at the psion obviously and h-p and all that which most ppl
have but what really sent me in the direction of the poqet was

a]  the reasonable size of the keybd;

b]  the strong recommendations of those enthusiasts such as bryan.

so there  /  here i am.    i've had the poqet a cple of months and still
don't seem to be able to master its intricacies.

funny things seem to happen to the scheduler [even after a comp wizz-kid
downloaded the bug fixer for me---i wdn't know how to do that myself]

and i can't get the hang of the word processor poqetwrite.

the other day i was typing a lecture which went on a long time and at a
certain point the thing just stopped responding at all...

is there a maximum length of file?

also, i'm spoilt i suppose being used to windows word-processors.

i can't find any file-arranger or find-file capability...

r u just supposed to remember what u called all yr files?

the wiz-kid said i cd look them up in  poqetlink which did seem to work
for a while [while he was there basically]  but now new files don't appear
there.

btw  i have a 2mg card installed in one of the sides.

i have i think 3 cables all together which came with it from ca-digital

unfortunately the wizz-kid person lives in edinburgh where i was at the
time but as yet i haven't met anyone in england who  a] has one of these
lovely machines   b]  knows how to do all the digital stuff with them.

[i think u get the picture]

rhys

Poqet Stuff Sale by Steven W. Decato <swdecato@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Steven W. Decato" <swdecato@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet Stuff Sale
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 18:29:06 -0700

I have a Poqet for sale.

This unit has been used only one month.  Perfect condition.
Includes serial transfer cable and a 512K SRAM memory cartridge.
$170+shipping or $200 with Lotus or Alpha works.

Poqet Parallel Printer cable, $40 + shipping.

Poqet AlphaWorks (Lotus Works) on a PCMCIA ROM card.
Includes word processing, spreadsheet, database, spellchecker &
thesaurus, Graphics and comminications.  Box & DOCS included.  Like new.
$50 + shipping.

Poqet Lotus 123 V2.2 on a PCMCIA ROM card, brand new, shrink wrapped.
Have several copies.
$40 each plus shipping.

That's all I have for now.

Steve