From: Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Games that run on PoqetPC?
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 09:42:09 -0700 (PDT)

I'm getting the productivity part pretty well under control, but. . . .

What about games that can be played on the PoqetPC? I have a favorite
program, MASTMIND.COM, that is a wonderful piece of programming - a
MasterMind (tm) clone that is 729 bytes total. It runs fine on the PoqetPC.

That led me to try another favorite DOS game, a freeware chess game that
has CGA graphics: CHESS88, by Don Berg. It has 6 levels of play, and I
can't beat it beyond level 3. Again, an amazingly tight program, it is
only 5 Kbytes. But it DOESN'T run on the PoqetPC. I guess the CGA
character set (if there is such a thing) isn't native to the PoqetPC.
(Which leads to another question: what does the PoqetPC CGA capability
allow it to do? I haven't found anything that needs or runs in any mode
other than mono.)

So, folks, tell me: when you're just fooling around with your PoqetPCs,
what games do you play? Maybe Bryan can put ftp links to these games on
the website section on "useful programs that run on the PoqetPC."

Michael

Re: Games that run on PoqetPC? by Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx>

From: Psycho Bob <honge@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Games that run on PoqetPC?
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 12:08:38 -0500 (CDT)

> So, folks, tell me: when you're just fooling around with your PoqetPCs,
> what games do you play? Maybe Bryan can put ftp links to these games on
> the website section on "useful programs that run on the PoqetPC."

I have tried to play Microprose Software's Sid Mier's Railroad Tycoon.
But because Poqet uses decremental display, the picture is not very pretty
-- and sometimes confusing at best.

Send any interesting roadkills to honge@xxxxxxxx!
Fax (402) 593-8975
  Just say "Your lights are on" to DRLs.

Re: Games that run on PoqetPC? by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Bryan Mason" <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 12:00:54 -8

On 17 Aug 96 at 9:42, Michael Blake <blake@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, folks, tell me: when you're just fooling around with your
> PoqetPCs, what games do you play? Maybe Bryan can put ftp links to
> these games on the website section on "useful programs that run on the
> PoqetPC."
>
> Michael

That's a great idea.  Anything -- games, utilities, whatever --
qualifies for the "useful programs" section (which is coming soon --
trust me B^).

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009